Sand blast or wire brush a rear?

Bonnewagon

Geezer
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
UPDATE: I bought a gallon of the Evapo-Rust gell from NPD. But when I opened it, it was like rubbery scrambled eggs. It would not even stick to metal. So I called the manufacturer, Harris International, and the guy explained that it had a roughly six-month shelf life. He said he thought this may have sat on the shelf too long at NPD. He said to take pictures and send him my address so he could replace it. We shall see.............................................................. IMG_0105.JPG

CopperNick

G-Body Guru
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
We-ell that would be one way to get rid of klingons and will-nots but getting a case of itchymictosis as a result just isn't worth the cost.

Bonnewagon

Geezer
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
UPDATE: After I contacted Harris International, the parent company of Evapo-Rust, they sent out a replacement gallon straight away. It was a gell like it should be and looks perfect. I asked about the best way to get more since NPD was obviously unaware they had expired product on hand. I mentioned ZORO as they stated up front they were a third party seller and the stuff would be shipped directly from Harris. That would ensure a fresh batch. They agreed that would be fine as they drop ship for them all the time. However I have only one experience with ZORO and it went well, but they have probably the worst feedback history of all time. The other was AMAZON and I have no faith in AMAZON as they put a notice under the item that it will "usually ship in 1 to 2 months"". Yikes! ZORO said 1 to 2 days. In other news I put some scrap pieces of brass, aluminum and steel in some Evapo-Rust and they came out very nice. The brass especially looked brand new. I will be using it on the rear end as soon as it warms up a bit.

Bonnewagon

Geezer
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Update: I contacted NPD to explain what happened and that they may have more expired product on their shelves. Crickets.

• Sad
Reactions: Rktpwrd

Bonnewagon

Geezer
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Soooo today I got an email from NPD asking for a review about my recent transaction. Of course I gave them the lowest possible rating and explained why. Now I just got a response about that. It's funny because I had sent the exact same thing to their customer service a while ago and got nothing back. Here is the email:
Hello Mark,

We apologize for the expired jug. We have since audited all of our inventory at all four stores, and everything is up-to current now. There were just a handful of “outliers” that had not been cycled properly. All inventory is fresh now, and of course, any issues both we (NPD) and Harris stand behind.

Thank you,

Rick

NPD