Wellston, OK
Nice find. I gave up on finding a decent GA and settled on a Malibu

• Creative
Reactions: 1 user

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Heck yeah!!!!
Great starting point. Your mission is a pic one year from today:)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

CoachFoust

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 8, 2015
Nebraska City, Ne
So I saw this advertised about a week ago about 2.5 hours from me. Didn’t mention a year, make or model, but I kinda guessed from the one blurry pic it was a Grand Am. Made a deal and picked it up yesterday. The seller was advertising it as a potential racecar.

It does have some rust in the usual places. The frame on the driver side isn’t great but the passenger side isn’t bad. I hope to be able to fix that eventually.

I LOVE the landau top. I had a 79 Malibu once upon a time with the Landau top and really liked it. So when I get to that stage, it’ll remain a landau.

It does have the full set of factory silver gauges including the tach. There’s a clock over by the passenger seat in the dash.

I’m pretty sure it’s a 301, although I haven’t have much time to really check it out. The radiator is out and in the trunk. It’s been sitting for 3-4 years, so I’m not sure what I’ll have to work with when I do have the chance to really play with it.

The interior, except the dash, is really in good shape. The dash is pretty cracked and it has an old school cassette deck with EQ still in it.

I know of a guy who has some 14” snowflakes that I’d really like to have for it. The “Starky and Hutch” slots do look “right” but I just don’t like them very much. I think snowflakes would complete the look. But we shall see. The slots may go on my 79 Malibu wagon if I get the snowflakes.

I was too excited about a Grand Am in my neighborhood to really worry about much. I just had to have it and will develop a plan “later.”

Thanks, All, for the compliments and posts. As time (money) allows I’ll make slow progress. I hope to clean it up a bit today...get the dead bird feathers out of the driver’s area!

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The more GA's I see, the more I want one. Mild poncho 400, TH200r4, GN 3.42s, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Grnmnstr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 8, 2017
NJ
Nice find. It is in good shape. I have a 78 Grand Lemans. They share a lot of the same parts. If you need something, let me know.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Seeing all these Grand Ams & LeMans is going to make want to start a Go Fund Me page to buy one. If any wants to start funding me just send your extra money to my PayPal. :rofl:

breeaad

Greasemonkey
Jun 4, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
Growing up my parents had a car lot. Around 1988 I was in 4th grade they bought a 1978 in the same color combo only with black interior and moonroof. It was lowered on enkei wheels and white lettered tires. They surprised me at school, picking me up in the bus lane. It was the sharpest car I had ever seen. To this day I love these cars, especially that color combo. I would love to recreate that car they had.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor