Status
Not open for further replies.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Man I would love to find one of those steering wheels

Got a Pontiac project? #oldsparts :D

I'm also on a lookout for one, have a line on one with a floor shift column (also after) for my project.

Reactions: 1 user

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
I hereby relinquish my DIBS on the next 1978 4 Speed Grand Am. :cry: I just purchased a 1979 Hurst Olds :cool:so my hopes and dreams
for that illusive Grand Am are back on the shelf while I toil away at my second favorite ride here now...........:banana:

Happy Hunting.................(y)

Reactions: 1 users

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Got a Pontiac project? #oldsparts :D

I'm also on a lookout for one, have a line on one with a floor shift column (also after) for my project.
Yes, a '77 Can Am, uses the same wheel minus the hub which can be swapped out.
I managed to find a red one that I swapped my center too but I'd like to find a correct black one vs painting it.
Interior was roached but I've collected pretty much everything to restore the car and built a 403 for it since it originally came with one.
canamwheel.jpg

35542690_10160535170755716_8962185643836833792_n.jpg

canam interior.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Do they even make the stripe kit for that anymore? The Can Am isn't something you see all the time. I've seen several over the years, and maybe the same one a few different times, but still.

I recall back in the Navy days, on I-26 in North Charleston, right by the mall area junction, I came up and passed the Can Am just ambling along. A middle-aged woman was driving it. It was the last time I ever saw one out in the wild. That was around 1990.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Always liked CanAms.

Hot chick I went to high school with drove her mom's a couple times a week. The only one I ever saw in the wild....in a little town in the middle of Iowa, of all places.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Do they even make the stripe kit for that anymore? The Can Am isn't something you see all the time. I've seen several over the years, and maybe the same one a few different times, but still.

I recall back in the Navy days, on I-26 in North Charleston, right by the mall area junction, I came up and passed the Can Am just ambling along. A middle-aged woman was driving it. It was the last time I ever saw one out in the wild. That was around 1990.
yes, Phoenix Graphics make the kit, its nice too

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor