BUILD THREAD Saved from scrap. My new 87 Regal project.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Looking better already!

Reactions: 2 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Nice score, glad you saved it definitely not crusher material.

Fellow I know here just bought its twin albeit this one is a little older....

Screenshot_20220903-183050_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
It's already looking better just by a nice wash and rims. Wait till the guy you bought it from sees the transformation.

Reactions: 1 users

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Nice job, good save and that elbow grease makes a world of difference. Almost hard to believe that cheap for that solid of a car or how someone would consider just scrapping it. Plus 87’ has the nicer (to me) silver dash trim and usually more options, 305/200-4r should make it a decent cruiser.

What are your plans for it?

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Nice job, good save and that elbow grease makes a world of difference. Almost hard to believe that cheap for that solid of a car or how someone would consider just scrapping it. Plus 87’ has the nicer (to me) silver dash trim and usually more options, 305/200-4r should make it a decent cruiser.

What are your plans for it?
Short term is to clean up the car address the floor board, rebuild the carb, and any other maintenance and drive it next season.
Over the next year I will be building the frame under the car I got from Northernregal. Ill be doing UMI front suspension + coil overs. I have an SN95 8.8 w/rear discs and 3:73's for it as well as an LQ4.
Eventually Ill end up putting this body on the completed frame, but I won't mess with it until that other chassis is ready.

Reactions: 6 users

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
I must have been feeling ambitious this morning. Before even making coffee or breakfast I was out in the driveway with the pressure washer.
20220905_101350.jpg
I threw my plate on it and took it around my Cresent.
Other than driving it up and off the trailer thats my first time driving it more than 10 feet.. although 30kph for a block really isn't much of a drive. It was considerably better than my 84. Well except the fact I had a headliner on me.

Reactions: 7 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I must have been feeling ambitious this morning. Before even making coffee or breakfast I was out in the driveway with the pressure washer.
View attachment 206273
I threw my plate on it and took it around my Cresent.
Other than driving it up and off the trailer thats my first time driving it more than 10 feet.. although 30kph for a block really isn't much of a drive. It was considerably better than my 84. Well except the fact I had a headliner on me.
So glad it went to a good home, someone who will give it the TLC and love it deserves!

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Nice score & nice results on the effort thus far....

• Agree

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Thanks guys.

Still have lots more I am going to try and get done before the snow flies.

Priority 1 is get the 84 ready for sale and list it.

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Nice looking fleet you are starting

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor