Say Hello to the New Project, Something different

Status
Not open for further replies.
We tried to get it started today and it wouldn't fire. He has the Accel Super coil 140001 and no spark. I checked the Ohms on it. It is supposed to be Primary 0.700 ohms and I am getting it all over from 1.340 Ohms all the way up to 170.0 ohms and probably higher. For the secondary the specs should be 11.8K Ohms and it is reading 13.02K Ohms.

To me that coil is no good. I just checked the primary as I am typing and now it's 358.900 Ohms, way off from the .700 factory specs. I will post some pics in a few on a new topic in the pictures forum.

Well I finally got the roadrunner started up. Turns out that there was a little bit of black crud on the pos. battery post and wasn't getting a good connection. After I wire brushed it, she fired right up. For being a 40 year old 383, that thing runs like a champ. Wouldn't take much to take a whole lot to rebuild that motor. My buddy dropped off the spare 69' four speed i got along with the roadrunner last night. His teacher at Saint Phillips said that particular four speed has the cleanest set of gears he's ever seen in any manual shift transmission, which is extra bonus points. That way I won't destroy the origional four speed, I'll just use the spare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor