Greasemonkey
Apr 17, 2012
Oxford, Ms
Will some sbc hugger headers fit my 305 in a 83 cutlass supreme

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.
The block hugger headers are for street rods without a crossmember under the engine, they will not fit any vehicle with a crossmember under the engine. Any of the universal headers are going to be more trouble than they are worth, and usually require alot of modification to fit. You can see how the header points straight down at the crossmember, you would not be able to even bolt these onto the heads with the motor in the car.

Now they do make a shorty header for G body cars. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HOK-2466HKR/

Attachments

• block hugger headers.jpg
    block hugger headers.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,308
  • shorty headers.jpg
    shorty headers.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,352

83gbody

Greasemonkey
Apr 17, 2012
Oxford, Ms
Thanks an do the shortys fit good

83gbody

Greasemonkey
Apr 17, 2012
Oxford, Ms
Do the flowtech long tube headers 11104 fit good on cutlass supreme

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.
martin.ca said:
These are for a v8 swap into an s10, not a good design. I would not recommend them for a g body.

These are what I have for my regal, have not done motor swap yet so not sure how they are going to fit. Hooker competition headers Part Number 2451-1HKR

Attachments

• medium2451-1HKR.jpg
    medium2451-1HKR.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,175

pacman350

Apprentice
Jun 5, 2012
monticello, Ga
get a set of Patriot Clippster header from summitracing the are a mid lenght header but you put them on with the motor in the car easy to reach spark plug with them unlike some headers. Ive had mine for about 3 years and they been in two diffrent cars my 85 monte dat i had and now my 84 cutty. Plus the have a nice thick flange to keep dem from warping and 3" collectors. At summit $169.95

pacman350

Apprentice
Jun 5, 2012
monticello, Ga
1983regal said:
martin.ca said:
These are for a v8 swap into an s10, not a good design. I would not recommend them for a g body.

These are what I have for my regal, have not done motor swap yet so not sure how they are going to fit. Hooker competition headers Part Number 2451-1HKR

ive never seen these before, and the dont look like the will give you much of a performance gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor