SBC Oil pumps?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Well I ran into a snag last night with my Milidon Oil pump now its got me thinking :wtf: .. Its brand new I pull it out of box to find it has a hairline crack right in the area where there name is cast along with part# had a couple people look at it and they say the same thing looks like a crack. It wasnt dropped so thats not the cause.. Now I come to the point do I get it replaced considering this is not the first I had a problem with a Milidon pump.. Last time after several yrs of no problems the plug in pickup passage blew out causeing engine damage I thought that was a fluke.. Now its got me thinking are they junk? Anyone ran this pump on a well built motor or any other pump you suggest... Dont want the pump to be the death of this motor.. :puke:

Thanks Josh

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
If its obvious something is cracked I wouldnt run it, get a replacement. You shouldnt have a problem running a high volume melling, that would be my choice.

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
CHRIS.O said:
If its obvious something is cracked I wouldnt run it, get a replacement. You shouldnt have a problem running a high volume melling, that would be my choice.
Thats probably what i will get just not sure if that is the way to go considering im pushing 600hp most likely. Combo in signature

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I run a BBC melling pump in my SBC...it raises the pressure slightly and increases the volume of the oil flow by about 15%

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
You could always call melling up and ask their recommendation. They make very good stuff.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
If you end up going with Melling, go with one of the Melling Select pumps. They changed the casting on the regular line to a thinner neck and people have had trouble with them breaking. The "select" line is the same pump they used to offer as just a regular pump.
http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewt ... =4&t=35654

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
jrm81bu said:
If you end up going with Melling, go with one of the Melling Select pumps. They changed the casting on the regular line to a thinner neck and people have had trouble with them breaking. The "select" line is the same pump they used to offer as just a regular pump.
http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewt ... =4&t=35654

Good info there Bud. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor