SBO Edelbrock Performer RPM Q-Jet Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Many years ago when I purchased a 'reman' Qjet from the local autopart store before I knew better, it ended up being complete junk. I returned it for another one which was worse. I returned that one for a third one which was junk too. I returned that and just got my money back. You don't need to bash me over the head to make a point!

With that being said, I have heard some stories from a few who have recieved a decent reman, scattered amongst much more who have gotten bad ones. CAN you end up with a decent reman that's actually calibrated correctly for YOUR engine? Sure you can, but why take the chance when you can get a REAL rebuild from a pro who'll do it for the same price or just a little more? Personally I don't see what there is to gain by taking a gamble on a reman....and make no mistake, you ARE taking a gamble with a reman.

dave1978

Apprentice
Aug 6, 2011
I was a mechanic for many years and about 60% of reman parts store carbs were headaches. Do it yourself, or get one from Summit or such. Best would be get one built from a quality carb builder. If you don't know anyone in your area ,try to talk to guys that race locally they should be able to find someone to build one to your engine's specs.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
A couple of years ago... I found a guy on eBay that has a speed shop in Hackett, AR. I told him my motor, trans, etc. He built a carb for my motor, linkage for my 2004R transmission, and an electric choke. It was ready to run out of the box pretty much. The price was $268.00 after tax, core, and shipping. I sent my core back in and they refunded me $45. Comes with a six month warranty. Very nice people to deal with. Just shoot him an email.

Mountain Man Fuel Systems
Carburetor Rebuilder & Fuel Injection

Ted Lowe
[email protected]
479-639-2022

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
So you guys dont think the Holley remanned qjets are even worth buying? They were the ones I was looking at.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
No reman carb is worth buying. You would be much better off getting a correctly rebuilt Qjet.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
It's hit and miss honestly, I had a holley reman qjet years ago on my 79 cutlass with a 350 olds, it ran perfect, no issues what so ever. My current qjet on my jeep was a reman unit from holley as well, so far so good, but I went through it, and rebuilt it to factory spec, then tuned down to what I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor