MALIBU Scam alert. The hell with mr Hill

Dezimade

Master Mechanic
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
---

Well, here goes nothing. Some random person on this forum recommended Mr. Hill to me. Like a true genius, I decided to call him. He showed me a picture of the car part I needed, and I, being the brilliant person I am, let this charade continue. He's probably the same mastermind who set the whole thing up—because, you know, that's how these things usually work.

When I tried to confirm the door glass for my '79 Malibu as 24-etched for a perfect match, I got a delightful serving of ignorant word salad in return. Then he suggested Venmo or Zelle. I chose Venmo, naturally. But surprise, surprise—his wife's Venmo was conveniently on the blink. So, I decided to send a cashier's check because, believe me, I’m definitely not broke.

And if this genius decides to rip me off, at least I can warn everyone about this loser. Feel free to add your own colorful adjectives.

So, I took the plunge. Below are pictures of his miserable address and his so-called wife. Happy Juneteenth, everyone.

P.S. I’m still in the market for a passenger side door glass for a '79 Malibu. If anyone can help, that’d be great. Oh, and I have my contacts in Texas tracking down this zero.

Let’s get ‘em! Thanks, Dez

---

Attachments

• IMG_7188.jpeg
    IMG_7188.jpeg
    336.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7187.jpeg
    IMG_7187.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7191.jpeg
    IMG_7191.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7190.jpeg
    IMG_7190.jpeg
    915.1 KB · Views: 34
Sorry to hear. Hope you find your door glass.
It’s amazing how I had great luck till this fool. Also I don’t play the lottery but this was on me . Amazing how people need money and won’t work for it.

So just exactly what did you do to p*** off Mr. Murphy so completely that he elected to have someone try to bilk/fleece/ troll you with an offer for a part that you needed? There is actually a book devoted to the myriad ways Senor Murphy and his laws and the variations thereof can reach out and make life miserable for the unwary.

Nick

Reactions: Dezimade
So just exactly what did you do to p*** off Mr. Murphy so completely that he elected to have someone try to bilk/fleece/ troll you with an offer for a part that you needed? There is actually a book devoted to the myriad ways Senor Murphy and his laws and the variations thereof can reach out and make life miserable for the unwary.

Nick
Good ole fashioned tust. I gather.

Hmmm, lemme guess. The scam started something like this. You post something about wanting a side window. Then, someone with very few posts overall PM's you about knowing someone that has EXACTLY what you need. But they tell you to email that person, or call them at a number, and that's where it gets sticky.

Am I close? That sh*t's been going around and too many people has lost their lunch. Don't send ANYTHING other than a USPS money order if you even send anything at all. At least that way you might have a chance of mail fraud charges or something. USPS didn't use to play. After waiting an obligatory waiting period, they tracked down a loser that tried to rip me off of an NOS cruise wand. Ended up he got a letter and a visit. I ended up with the part, then soon after, he sent my money back. Soon after I got a follow-up letter from the Postmaster General's office letting me know that the loser had met their standards for resolving the issue and wanted to know if I wasn't satisfied with the outcome to let them know. Today, unfortunately, they're probably in on the scams.

First "wanted" post I put on facebook got me exactly that. Guy responded instantly , had exactly what I wanted cheap. What I did notice is that he didn't realize the pictures he listed were for the wrong car. he still needed the money right away and if I sent it tonight He could have the part shipped TODAY!! So for goofs I told him there was an issue with his paypal and not to worry I had them investigating it on my end. Never heard from him again.

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
Hmmm, lemme guess. The scam started something like this. You post something about wanting a side window. Then, someone with very few posts overall PM's you about knowing someone that has EXACTLY what you need. But they tell you to email that person, or call them at a number, and that's where it gets sticky.

Am I close? That sh*t's been going around and too many people has lost their lunch. Don't send ANYTHING other than a USPS money order if you even send anything at all. At least that way you might have a chance of mail fraud charges or something. USPS didn't use to play. After waiting an obligatory waiting period, they tracked down a loser that tried to rip me off of an NOS cruise wand. Ended up he got a letter and a visit. I ended up with the part, then soon after, he sent my money back. Soon after I got a follow-up letter from the Postmaster General's office letting me know that the loser had met their standards for resolving the issue and wanted to know if I wasn't satisfied with the outcome to let them know. Today, unfortunately, they're probably in on the scams.
Preety shitty. Such a small amount of cash. Sure corrupts the other fine people on this platform that sells fair

Wow! Sorry to hear that. I believe I have that glass. Let me doublecheck later this morning .

timo22
Hey thanks. Looking for the passenger side coupe 79 Malibu Hey thanks. Dez
Now I’m paranoid lol🙃

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor