schwartz performace chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
It is a nice piece but I am also positive that especially now my body is lifted to swap all the bushings, I can stiffen it up enough and notch the rails for some wider track tread, combined with all the toys I am bolting on it when it goes back together, weight reduction and front to rear balancing I'm doing, that my car WHEN [IF?] DONE will be as good as my aging near death experience body will be able to ever drive it.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
for $10,000 you can build a nice jig , buy yourself a nice welder, band saw, tools and the material you need and still have lots of money left over for beer and wings. Or in addition to Port City who is well known for their chassis in the circle track world there are also other options... http://www.johnsonchassis.com/Home_Page.php

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
I like that Johnson chassis page, actually looks like their control arms aren't at a bad price if you wanted something stronger at the same weight. There are quite a few tubular arms that ive seen that are actually heavier than the stock units

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I like that Johnson chassis page, actually looks like their control arms aren't at a bad price if you wanted something stronger at the same weight. There are quite a few tubular arms that ive seen that are actually heavier than the stock units

it's a good idea to find a local circle track store to buy aftermarket components for a metric car. The prices are often much more reasonable and the guys behind the counters can help you out.

Reactions: 1 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Most of the guys around here that run circle track have mostly stock components, however ive often wondered how, since you would think that the pool of parts would have dried up long ago since these cars are north of 30 years old at their newest point and they have been tearing them up on the circles tracks for years. Now don't get me wrong its good fun and if you have a complete rust bucket car that you cant save that's a good use other than the crusher. However my ex wifes dad had a dirt track car and I discovered one day under the paint it and stickers it was a Grand National with T Tops they had ruined

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor