EL CAMINO Scored a 6.0 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I watch all of the sloppy stuff, but the issue with his videos is he made videos as he was learning. So you might find a video that has some bad advice, but in the next two, three or ten he'll point out the issue. Happel definitely knew how to bend rods 5-8 years ago. He lived and learned. You really need to watch a whole series of his videos on a build to get the full feeling. And something to remember when watching them, he has absolutely no love for any thing he builds or owns (until the latest one - New Edge.) But he has supplied a ton of informative educational information that works. He has dispelled a ton of myths.

I agree with heads. The 706/862 head in a NA build is just darn insane because of how well an LS responds to an increase in compression. Couple that with the efficiency of the cathedral port in terms of detonation resistance, they are a fabulous choice. And they are a dime a dozen - I get them for $40 a head at the local pick-n-pull.

X2^2 on setting some concrete goals.

I was saying not to watch so you don't get turbo ideas. Hahaha.

But ya, you have to watch all 160 or so videos of the don't BS me build to learn the important lessons.

I have wasted a little time watching sloppy videos. I'm not an expert engine builder by any means. But I cringe too hard watching his stuff. Just doing things wrong completely. Yeah he doesn't care. At all.

It's soooooo cringy. Add in that Matt is an awkward IT guy and he genuinely doesn't believe anything unless he sees it himself. If he gets away with what he does at 1000whp, you can probably cut a corner or two.

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I was saying not to watch so you don't get turbo ideas. Hahaha.

But ya, you have to watch all 160 or so videos of the don't BS me build to learn the important lessons.

It's soooooo cringy. Add in that Matt is an awkward IT guy and he genuinely doesn't believe anything unless he sees it himself. If he gets away with what he does at 1000whp, you can probably cut a corner or two.
prudent-george-w-bush.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor