SEA FOAM FLUSH ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
chevyman454 said:
i have used seafoam for a while on customers cars cleaning out fuel systems and oil
as far as the person above saying that if it gets into the oil passages it will ruin you engine. one word "wrong"
most of the particular matter is ground up in your oil pump then gose to the filter
its why you got an oil filter unless you have a air cooled VW motor in your ride (they dont have oil filters)
seafoam is used to keep things clean and make dirty engines a little cleaner.
it wont help NOT CHANGING THE OIL EVERY 3 MONTHS OR 3k MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OR TAKING SHORT TRIPS

sludge is built up carbon in your engine that is the result of not running your car for a period of time to get it to normal operating temp. thus boil;ing off most of the moisture thats in there.

if you dont want to deal with sludge change your oil more often
keeping a nice clean airfilter keeps the dirt out
after all its the only way dirt gets in there

THIS IS NEWS TO ME . THANKS FOR THE TIP ,I ALWAYS THOUGHT MOTOR OIL BURNED CREATEING SLUDGE 😳

the amount of oil burned in the combustion chamber is negliable. it will get worse as the oil control ring gets old
but for hte most part everything i have said was told to me from my instructor in tech school and from experianced techs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor