Seat change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erich

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 14, 2012
Las Cruces
Hey all,
I currently have a 86 Cutty with the manual bench seat in the front.

First, what must be done in order to properly mount a pair of bucket seats in?
Second, what bucket seats will interchange easily and look/feel nice in these cars?

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Do you have a split bench or not?

Erich

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 14, 2012
Las Cruces
No, I have the single piece bench seat.

robert56

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 4, 2010
I grabbed some buckets out of a Chevy Aveo. I knocked the mounting feet off of them and welded on some 2"x3" steel tubing to adapt them to the stock mounting points for the split bench that I took out. The tubing raised them to the right height and allowed me to avoid any modifications to the stock floor.

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
If you have the full bench like you said you don't have all the brackets in the floor needed for buckets. You would have to find another g-body at the junkyard and grab that brackets your missing and have them welded on. Or you could fabricate something but I would know what.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
A couple of the G body parts suppliers have kits with the extra mounts to convert a one piece bench seat to buckets. The mounts can be welded in. It may be easier than trying to cut the mounts out of a car at the wreckers. Just a thought.

Erich

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 14, 2012
Las Cruces
Awesome, I'll probably just save myself some time and frustration and grab one of the kits with the mounts.

And those Aveo seats look great in there! How much did it cost you for the pair, and where at?

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
erich pricing depends on the junkyard . i spent 60 on buckets for my old monte some ppl have spent over a hundred . some junkyards have half off days for holidays fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor