Seat ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have never seen anybody happy with the results of attempting to paint or dye an interior cloth seat or door panel.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Pc3

Master Mechanic
Nov 17, 2019
I hear you. I found a good deal on some nice buckets for my junk, it has a camel/ brown interior, the
Buckets are maroon and that just won't blend with one or two applications IMO.they are actually
image0000021.jpg
in great shape.

Thinking I should pass on them. And keep looking

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You can look into upholstery for them and see if that is available in the color you want.

Reactions: 1 user

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Anyone ever dye/ paint their seats and if so, what product did you use and where you happy with the results..
I am talking fabric.
i have tried to paint visors using SEM product. i wasnt happy with the feel and cover personally.

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I did a set of seats for my Camaro with SEM, and Duplicor fabric dye. They came out pretty good. One tip is to put light coatings on and brush it in with a small scrub brush (I used a cheap one for dishes etc. wife still doesn't know). If you just spray it on it makes the fabric hard/crusty. Not sure exactly the state of your seats, but....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Here's a PDF of PPG's instructions for using their products but should apply to any other brand that makes dye/colorant that can be used to recolor interior hard & soft parts. Please keep in mind PPG changed the product line from Speciality Performance Products to One Choice.

Attachments

• PD731_Elastomeric_Color_System_SC_Series[1].pdf
    88.9 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor