seatbelt styles

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
I have a question for the guys that have been around g-body's for quite a while. I come to find out that there are at least two styles of seat belts. I really shows on the buckles. One is metal and one is plastic. I bought a set of Bucket seat receivers which are the plastic style buckle. And my car( 80 Malibu wagon ) has the metal style buckles. My problem is the two odd pieces wont lock. Is this a real issue or do you think I have screwed up parts? Any info on the differences in various years of Malibu/Monte seatbelt buckle styles would be a big help.
And anyone with any bucket seat receivers with the metal style buckles that are for sale let me know.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
If I can remember right, the metal are the basic set as the plastic are the deluxe set. Think this was a way to keep them from mixing sets up on the assembly line as told by the parts dept. manager at the old Chevy dealer I worked at in the '90's. But it might just be cause two or more different suppliers. Been fighting similar issues for my dark maple plastic style until I broke down and got a complete set of burgundy belts out of a '86.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
Well it looks like I have a set of the "delux" style in Oxblood That I cant use. I'm pretty sure these came out of a mid 80's Monte Carlo. Wish I could trade these for the receivers with the metal buckle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor