Seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

85montess

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2007
CT
What kind of seats do people have? Do people keep the stock seats? What kind of "race" seats are there? Just curious because the seats in my 85 Monte ss seem to kind of plain and old. Not to mention they are the dingy gray.

Nightmare388

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2007
North West IL
I've got stock buckets in the car now but I picked up a couple cheap Jaz racing seats off Ebay. I even got a new set of red velour seat covers for them that they don't even make anymore.
These aren't to expensive from Summit Racing or you could get a set off EBAY like I did.
These are 2 pictures of Summit Racing Version of my Jaz seat.
sum-g2100b_cp.jpg

sum-g2110b_w.jpg

SBCMALIBUMAN

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2008
Colorado
Believe it or not I keep the factory bench. In most cases they are lighter than racing buckets. The reason why is the brackets instead of 4 you have 2 and thats were most of your comes from. Hey I may be wrong, but it makes sense to me.
Thanks for reading, AJ

85montess

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2007
CT
I dont have bench seats in the ss. I have two bucket seats with a center console in between and then obv a bench in back.

Jman

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Ontario
Here's what i got. They are nearly new, I have a new plan for my car now so I'll be looking for something new this spring.

newseats.jpg

maroconsole2.jpg

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
My 83' Grand Prix is an original PMD Seat (light grey cloth) car. However, at about 20 years old they were shot. First I just covered them with seat covers, which totally ruined the look, but then I found a mint set(or as close as your gonna get for 25 yrs old) of Oxblood leather PMD's from an 83' TA on on e-bay (I hav pictures posted in photo's but I do not know how to add them to this - any suggestions).

I then sold my worn out set on e-bay for just a few dollars less to a guy in Spain who is recovering them and putting them in a KITT clone. I don't know how many people realize this, but any 3rd or 4th gen F-body seats will fit perfectly in G-body's. I have a 99' TA and I think the leather seats from that car would look great in a G-body. I even considered switching them with the GP and making the TA a newer KITT, but I like keeping the GP a PMD car, and they made the damned new KITT a Mustang so screw-em.

Sorry I am so long winded, since I don't have a photo I went for a thousand words instead. However, if anybody has an Oxblood (dark maroon/ burgandy) leather or vinyl rear seat I will trade any G-body part I have for it (look at my list of parts for sale).

gbodyfever

Greasemonkey
Jun 19, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
for now i got my set of cutlass buckets, my project car had the buckets console but sisne its a ongoign project i took them and threw them in my 85 cutlass with a bench and so on, i hope to get some jegs/summit high racing buckets when i do the interior black, but for now its clean.

DSCF0967.jpg

85montess

Greasemonkey
Oct 20, 2007
CT
Yeah, I definitely like the clean look. I wouldnt want a seat and then mix match the crap out of my interior. Im feeling the black leather though.

betcha618

Greasemonkey
Jul 24, 2007
SBCMALIBUMAN said:
Believe it or not I keep the factory bench. In most cases they are lighter than racing buckets. The reason why is the brackets instead of 4 you have 2 and thats were most of your comes from. Hey I may be wrong, but it makes sense to me.
Thanks for reading, AJ

Are you freekin serious? Makes sense to only you.

KMac

Greasemonkey
Jan 3, 2007
I bought these seats from summit, haven't installed them permanetly yet due to need to finish the rest of the interior but when i went to the auto cross i used one. As for the bench being lighter, there is no way i can pick this seat up with one hand whereas the bench takes both.

The seat look goes very well with my car it did not look anything close to tuner with it in there just with a beige carpet it looked crappy
sca-80-1600-61l_w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor