shaved door handle help

Status
Not open for further replies.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Dude I bought that same kit two yrs ago and have yet to install it on anything, maybe on day I will get around to putting it on the Camaro.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Lol that could work one thing I did do was buy better spring thingys lol cant remember what theyre called but the ones that come with the kit kinda bind.

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
84clonewars said:
Lol that could work one thing I did do was buy better spring thingys lol cant remember what theyre called but the ones that come with the kit kinda bind.
when you installed them or just when they were out of the car?

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois
I'll get out to the garage later tonight, and I'll give you the part # of the kit I have. It a direct fit bolt in kit. And about $150.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
1979ratrod said:
84clonewars said:
when you installed them or just when they were out of the car?

I found the bind when I hand tested them, my kit is still in the box on the garage floor, sad but true.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I'm in the process of installing a kit in my '87 right now.

Made by AVS: http://www.avsontheweb.com/home.php?cat=126

They don't have a G-body specific kit but a universal '82 thru mid '90's car/truck kit.

So far I found that the bracket that bolts to the latch lines up well but one of the bolt holes doesn't line up with anything on the latch like they show in the instructions.

Other than that its a pretty straightforward system.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
FE3X CLONE said:
I'm in the process of installing a kit in my '87 right now.

Made by AVS: http://www.avsontheweb.com/home.php?cat=126

They don't have a G-body specific kit but a universal '82 thru mid '90's car/truck kit.

So far I found that the bracket that bolts to the latch lines up well but one of the bolt holes doesn't line up with anything on the latch like they show in the instructions.

Other than that its a pretty straightforward system.
I have the avs kit and it was specific to the gbody (the one i got)... was easy to install, however, i dont like the actuator, so will be replacing that with a bigger one... doesnt like to pop the doors all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor