Shift cable for 4l60e swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

85lt1ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2014
I just put an lt1 with 4l60e trans in my monte, anyone know hat cable I could use with the stock floor shifter?

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
I used shifter cable and shift lever from a camaro with 700r4 and had to alter where cable locks into floor shifter. Plastic lock part of cable is larger diameter than 200-4r cable

85lt1ss

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2014
How hard is it to change the shift lever, what fid you have to do to the floor shifter?

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Shift lever is easy, one nut and slide the new one on. Shifter i just bent a piece of steel to match where cable connects, drilled the right size hole, cut off old one and welded new piece on

84cutspreme

Royal Smart Person
Jun 4, 2009
Also I recommend upgrading shifter cable to this one: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/atp-y240/overview/, upgraded end at transmission that wont fall apart or loosen up like factory one. Sorry for picture quality but here is my setup. You can also see the microswitch I used for park lock, and I have one on the other side for reverse lights. I used a 700r-4 so lever setup might be a little different...I think I remember the electronic versions have switch on transmission that lever works with, but not sure. also just realized you have a monte so shifter is different but similar idea should still work
004.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor