Shifter cable ???'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
My application is similar to yours (4l60e and a factory 4 speed floor shifter) but my solution should work just as well for you.

I bought the factory style 700r4 fbody shift cable, fbody oil pan bracket, and the universal b&m shift lever.

I modified my floor shifter similar to the pics from 84cutspreme on the first page of this thread. The only difference is that I made the extension adjustable rather than welded in place.

Then I simply adjusted the position of the cable mount on the shifter as well as the position of the cable on the shift lever on the transmission until it shifted through all of the gears as it should.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I think there's your answer right there. ^^No need to beat this horse any further.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor