Shipping prices on some of these vendor sites are a blatant rip-off.

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
As I have ordered parts I have seen incredible prices for shipping, whole floor pan from California yup I cried and then paid it. I have to replace so much stuff as I go and try to be frugal but it’s really expensive and silly what this economic situation is.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
If it makes you feel better the USPS just raised its rates, again, so those costs will be passed along soon...

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I just read that UPS to go on strike at the end of July if an agreement is not reached. One of the things they want is.......... more money.

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
As I have ordered parts I have seen incredible prices for shipping, whole floor pan from California yup I cried and then paid it. I have to replace so much stuff as I go and try to be frugal but it’s really expensive and silly what this economic situation is.

Yeah, those big pieces are another animal all together since they have to go truck freight. I had looked into full and half pans a while ago and the shipping cost was as mush if not more, than the part itself.

In the end, I got lucky and there was a guy who had import a whole bunch and was selling them at a reasonable price. I think I paid ~$600CAD for both half pans. It was a pretty good drive away, but I had to head out that direction anyway to pick something up so it worked out well.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Jegs and Summit have free shipping at a certain price point. I try to order in lump purchases to take advantage of that. If I'm close I'll think about what I'll need eventually (but not right now) and tack it on to get the free ship.

What I really want is to buy locally, but a lot of places just don't stock deep enough to have something I need. I loved the days of holding the thing you needed in your hands and making a decision based on your knowledge that it would fit/work. Now you just pray the photo they show is what the damn thing will actually look like.

It used to be that different auto stores stocked different brands and you could get a wider selection of goods (spray paint, etc.), now they pretty much all look the same.

Look at me getting all nostalgic.

Hutch

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor