Status
Not open for further replies.

85cut420

Apprentice
Nov 19, 2011
Wake Co, NC
Came across a clear title 81 Elky on the local craigslist. Here's the link:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/2994408381.html

SBC 350 paired with a TH350, trans rebuilt, motor was freshened up last year (but not rebuilt, the guy was honest enough to tell me).

Interior and exterior restored last year, ZERO rust.

I can get it for under 4000... like 3500-3700.

Sounds like a good deal or would you pass if you were me?

Any opinion or advice is appreciated. I have cash in hand but kinda feel 3500 is a bit too high...

Re: SHOULD I BUY THIS CAR?

Have you drove the car :?: Does the powertrain feel like its worth $3500 :?: The car doesn't look restored (in those pictures)

If its just a redneck 350ci/TH350 combo, it might be worth $2500 *RUST FREE*

Re: SHOULD I BUY THIS CAR?

RITTER said:
Have you drove the car :?: Does the powertrain feel like its worth $3500 :?: The car doesn't look restored (in those pictures)

If its just a redneck 350ci/TH350 combo, it might be worth $2500 *RUST FREE*

The guy has a shitty camera, it's actually much nicer in person, the paint is good and would be almost showcar quality if I clayed and buffed it. I have driven it, it drives good, but feels like it needs some work on the front end (tie rods most likely, from what I could tell). It is the redneck combo, and when I stated in my original post that I felt that 3500 is a bit too high, I was also thinking it's worth 2000 to 2500. Good eye and thanks for the input.

tc1959 said:
It looks better than alot of stuff on CL

I agree. Does it look worth over 3500 tho?

looks good than all the rustbuckets they be tryin to sell 3500 looks to be a good price.. rich gotta remember out here in cali they are cheaper cause there be so many rust free ones. they worth a lil more on the east coast... :wink:

Lowproelco said:
looks good than all the rustbuckets they be tryin to sell 3500 looks to be a good price.. rich gotta remember out here in cali they are cheaper cause there be so many rust free ones. they worth a lil more on the east coast... :wink:

True lol I forget they are not as blessed as us

OK, so this car is worth more here than over in Cali. I'll say I can get one from the West coast for less and won't buy his for any more than 2700, and that's with us going to my buddy's shop and putting it on a lift so I can see what exactly I have to replace front end wise. If it's a bunch of stuff, the offer's going to be less.

First off, that's not an 81 grill or headlights, an 81 grill looks much nicer than that and has single headlights. The fenders still look like the 81's though because with that headlight and turn signal setup it should have lamps on the side and could be reason for a cop to ticket you for not showing signals on the side up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor