Should I really worry about my G-Body getting stolen?

D you have an anti-theft device on your G-Body?

• Yes

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

78 salon

Greasemonkey
May 3, 2009
Brookfield, Ill
Turbo Regal said:
Yes, you should be worried about your car being stolen! These cars have been hot theft items since the day they left the show room floor! It's any wonder why the dealerships didn't just keep them all under lock and key.

Fortunately I've never had one stolen, but I did have an 86 Cutlass Supreme back in '95 that was formerly my cousins...he said twice someone tried to steal it.

Hidden kill switches, Steadfast column guard are what you need. I recently did purchase a Steadfast....have yet to install it (thinking of power coating it) but it pretty much doesn't easy come back off once installed.

Kirbans sells a "mystery" theft device for G bodies....for like $25.

Keep in mind nothing stops a tow truck short of you capping the driver thief dead between the eyes.
I have to agree with you about the towtruck. Last Sept. had my 82 delta towed out of my parking lot at home in broad daylight! I've got the truck on disc, but too blurry to make out the name. What is this Steadfast or Kirbans? Got a link to them?

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
I vote 'yes'. mine's a 9mm

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
I had the "painfully loud siren" on my car at one time. When activated, if the hood, trunk or doors where opened even a little it would sound. I believe the siren itself weighed 10 pounds--it was so loud it made people feel like puking if they were near it. I since gotten rid of it--added two other security devices.

About 12 years ago I had a low-mile GN when I first got into G-Bodies and I drove it everywhere, even to work and sat in a public parking lot near a bunch of stores for 3 years, left it in mall parking lots even took it to college by Philly and left it overnight in an unsecure lot often--never realized G-Bodies where stolen so much.

It must be a regional thing--I hear in Florida and the Chicago area these cars disappear all the time.

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
i had my car for seven days and it go stolen, what was funny was that all the plugs were fouled, i just installed a electric fan but didn't install the wiring, i had no gas missing the # 7 sparkplug wire, the distrubutor was jacked the computer controlled carb was not pluged up...ecm was in the trunk...so i called the police take the report and they find my car in 45 minutes and about 5 miles away. I had the car tore apart so bad the cop thought they striped the interior, also i had a 1/2 of gas in it thanks to the thieves.

so get these items to protect it
AK-47 ( I will shoot my car up to get em)
colum lock
2 way pager car alarm (so you can get the gun sooner)
and buy the gps monitoring system (small price to pay when i shoot there hide out up)

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
i sometimes worry about my cutlass getting stolen,but being that i live in a pretty nice town i usually don't,but i have thought about getting one of those distributor kill switches installed when i put a faster 350 sbo in,theres also about four or so g-bodies in my town also,so it'll be easy to spot one of the two cutlasses in my town!

G-BUDDY

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2009
THIBADAUX LA.
no one ever tryed to still my 86 cutty but they have managed to get away with my chrome rockers off my two front fenders :soapbox:

rick48195

Apprentice
May 21, 2009
This car was the number one stolen car for years and years for a reason, being a great car is one, the other is parts. Parts from these are interchangable with Regals, Cutlasses, Grand Prix, Monte Carlo. So many people are restoring these G-bodies and now the parts are even more valuable. So yes protect it with your life, they still steal them as fast as you park them

boostboyike

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 28, 2009
This all happend at 330 in the afternoon.A freind of mine was at a gas station waiting on his friend to get some ciggs ,and some guy tapped on his window and said"turn it up!".As soon as he rolled the window down to find out what else he wanted, he got bitchslapped with a 45.They drug him out of his car kicked him around a bit ,then took his car.we found it a few days later compleatly stripped.

DelOhio

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2009
Delaware, Ohio
boostboyike said:
This all happend at 330 in the afternoon.A freind of mine was at a gas station waiting on his friend to get some ciggs ,and some guy tapped on his window and said"turn it up!".As soon as he rolled the window down to find out what else he wanted, he got bitchslapped with a 45.They drug him out of his car kicked him around a bit ,then took his car.we found it a few days later compleatly stripped.

Thats why I have conceal and carry permit. That sh*t can happen anytime anywere.

Hemihauler

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2010
I know this thread has been dead for a while. Just to put it out there-mom had an 82 Regal Station Wagon, it was stoen 3 times until she got rid of it in1989. Stripped all 3 times and insurance company rebuilt it all 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor