Silver face tach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Yup, '78 only the gauges were silver. Including the tach (got one.)
normal_img_0290.jpg

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
Didn't a very few Cutlasses in '78 have silver gauges too? I wonder why GM did away with them.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
GP403 said:
Yup, '78 only the gauges were silver. Including the tach (got one.)

You lucky b*st*rd! I've yet to come across one....although I'm looking! I'm fighting the Autometer urge for a factory unit.

downsize-13.jpg

Kris_84elky

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2010
Theres someone on ebay selling a silver tach/speedometer for $125 but they say it hasn't been tested and I don't think they have the matching gauges. I have a dash, console, steering column and wheel out of a 1980 Grand Prix with the silver faceplates and have been told they are rare/everyone is looking or them. Is this true? Plan on swapping them into my El Camino. (sorry about the black and white)
grandprixdash.jpg

grandprixcosole.jpg

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Kris_84elky said:
have been told they are rare

I've owned several g-bodies for the past 18 years and I've never seen the silver face tach in person. Not to mention the bone yard trips too. However, both of the Pontiacs I've had with these have had goofy oil pressure gauges. They read low until you give them a tap.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
O. D. Showtime said:
I think they look pretty cool....I didn't want to see this set get crushed with the car so I brought them home...

If you ever decide to sell them shoot me a price. I understand you really don't have a need for them being that you own Chevys. :lol:

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
G-Body_Vet said:
O. D. Showtime said:
I think they look pretty cool....I didn't want to see this set get crushed with the car so I brought them home...

If you ever decide to sell them shoot me a price. I understand you really don't have a need for them being that you own Chevys. :lol:

I'm sorry I should have said that these gauges were sold some time ago.

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
1978 Grand Am, Grand Prix and Lemans used the silver faced gauges with woodgrain bezels. 1979 and 1980 had black gauges and the silver bezel. (Lemans may have stayed with woodgrain) 1980 and beond had the black faced gauges as well and used woodgrain bezels again.

Here is a set of 1978 gauges and tach in Philly
I can tell you this is an honest seller that I know personally. If no one buys them soon, I will :lol:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/pts/2055453341.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor