Sluggish Car need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdaddy198

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 22, 2014
Is that a single exhaust under the car. Looks like a 2" pipe that will definatly hold you back. Your probably expecting more than your going to get without a good performance set up. For starters put a decent intake on it and a good 650 holley or better headers and true duels. A good Msd box and at least a curve kit in your stock distributor, run it about 34 degrees advanced on the timing, get rid of anything that restricts the motor from running all out. Your still not going to scare yourself but you will never get going forward until you reach back in your wallet at least thats how I have always done it. Good luck!!!!

85cutlassSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2014
*update* Sorry for such the late reply but I finally got it running just right it was the torque converter it was rattling inside when we took it off and the trans was going out because of it and it had a blown carb gasket also stopleak gunk under the intake manifold flushed the whole system and slapped a rebuilt transmission with a stock converter and a new intake manifold now it runs like a champ pulls like it should kicksdown like it should thanks for the help guys

85cutlassSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2014
Engine is well been driving the car for 3 months now not problems just needed a good flush probably was leaking and they misdiagnosed it but no smoke, leaks and never cut off on me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor