Small block exhaust chioces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red78Calais4speed

Greasemonkey
Feb 16, 2013
Leominster, Massachusetts
I just bought an excellent running 1974 Olds 350 V8 that I'll be picking up Wednesday morning. The engine is still in a 1974 Cutlass S. It's complete from air cleaner to oil pan except the owner is keeping the headers that are on it. I'm putting the engine in a 1979 Cutlass project so the headers he has probably won't work anyways. I'm looking for any recommendations for replacement exhaust manifolds (or headers). Has anyone used the Thornton reproduction 350 exhaust manifolds? How about the shorty headers they offer for the 350? I also have a pair of Hedman headers for the small block Olds in a G-body. Should I use these? The 350 is all stock. I'm just going to regasket it and paint it before I drop it in. No mods whatsoever. My 1979 has a TH350 and a 2.73 posi rear and will be a (daily) driver/cruiser. I was thinking on a 2" or 2.25" true dual exhaust. Any suggestions?

Reactions: 1 user

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
For a DD/cruiser Id recommend the Thornton manifolds with a nice stainless exhaust. The Thornton manifolds are nice quality units and hassle free once installed. Probably want to check your local emissions rules before you decide on the exhaust. After this, you could either get a full custom exhaust from a shop or fabricate your own from off the shelf parts. Pypes manufactures downpipes for SBO and also offers complete kits for Gbody. Depending on what you decide on, you may need to perfom some basic mods between the manifolds and exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor