Some Questions For Those With a T-56 Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I am thinking ahead right now to a time when my car is actually painted and assembled. My TH200 4R is making funny noises, and I know I will need to do something about a transmission in the future. I was thinking about spending the money to do a T-5 swap instead of rebuilding the automatic, but then I also thought a 6 speed would be really cool too! I was wondering if the shifter winds up in the right spot to fit a factory console, or at least somewhere that gives a decent position so you have good ergonomics from the get-go. I would use a hydraulic clutch with reproduction G body pedals adapted to the 4th gen Camaro master and slave. I am up in the air about the speedo connection, and do not know the driveshaft or mount issues that may exist.

smooth_358

Apprentice
Feb 6, 2008
rosemount, mn
from what i have been told by someone who did it, it is very close to the same position, i havent gotten that far in my build to see for myself, i do know the x-member will need to be changed, and the driveshaft shortened, the good thing is the t56 uses a th350 yoke. pedals are sort of tricky to get figured out, i found a set pre-made on the evilbay

Coveted

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2008
Sanborn, Ny 14132
Someone put a hydraulic clutch set up in my 82 camaro.
they converted it to 4cyl 4 speed. i bought it as a shell.
I'd part with the setup tho I've never driven it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor