Spark Plug Boot Removal Plier

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
So after fighting for several hours I was able to remove 6 sparkplug boots, The other 2 will rotated a little but will not pop out. I see there are dozens of different shaped pliers for removing the boot. I have a ZZ4 with the angle plug heads and Hooker Comp long tubes. Any idea which tool would be best suited so that I don't have to guess and get one that doesn't fit!

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
$13 Oriellys ones have worked great for me. Can get the boot straight on or at a 90°.

20230608_201514.jpg

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I've been looking for something like this...

but even longer like this...
shopping
I have a bunch of Knipex Tools, best in the world. I didn't know Home Depot sells them, must be just on line. I haven't seen them in stores. Thanks for the recommendation.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Put some dielectric or silicone grease on the boots to save time and effort later.
I do that to all mine, some dry out depending on how much heat they get.

The tool I posted works great so see if abbey castro can find one and use it. Don't need anything crazy for this.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
so I would be like the canary in the coal mine !
How so? If I'm saying I use it, and it works, then apparently the canary already exists..

Get out your feels homie.. you asked a question and got an answer. Take it and fix your junk.

Last edited:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor