spark plugs???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delcos or autolites.

I`m trying for the first time cheapo ngk gapped at 40 with vortec heads and they seem to work pretty good. We`ve had good results in our race car with them too. I`ve run cheapo delco and autolite in the past and they worked real well too

I have had the rapid fire foul out on my 403, cleaned and fine since. Regular Autolite, Delco or NGK plugs will work fine. I like Autolite the best.

no one thing that i have noticed, when i first put the e3s in after 2 weeks of running them i created spark knock, i then adjusted the timing and didnt really have an issue until i took it to the track, i put 100 octane in it just for the track and went about 8 runs and on the last it started blowing smoke out the exhaust, it smoked all the way home so i pulled the plugs and did a psi test and it was good thru all cylinders, but the plugs were black, i replaced the plugs and went back to the track the following weekend, ran 93 and was doing fine until i hit a higher rpm it started to smoke and knock again, do u think my dist is bad? i had the shop build me one, he said it would be best not to use a vac advance, but im having so much problems i dont really know what to do,

19cutlass79 said:
nobody use champion spark plugs anymore?

wade

they need to change their name cause too many of us associate champion plugs with lawnmowers... but a friend of mine who has driven few nascar truck races said they were testing plugs and champion plugs gave 2 more hp then the other plugs and he runs them in his super stock he runs up here

whatever plugs you use you can make them stronger and keep them from fouling by spending $3 + the ride to have them cryoed. if you want more info shoot me a pm and ill give you all the info

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor