speaker enclosure input

Status
Not open for further replies.

awesome79elky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 10, 2006
arkansas
hello all,
i have recently come into ownership of two 10 inch subwoofers that i would like to mount in my car. i have been contemplating fiberglassing an enclosure that utilizes the spare tire storage area. has anyone ever seen this done or perhaps seen a better alternative. any input would be greatly appreciated,
thanks
James

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
I am currently in the process of making a fiberglass encloser for 2 10" subs for my Elco. Right now I have 1 10" in a particle board sealed/ported box. I'm not yet sure how difficult it will be to make the box, I'll let you know when I get into it. I'm planning on making it for the Pass side, where the spare tire would typically be located. And mounting my Amp on the other side over the middle hump. I hope this helps you out.

illregal82

Master Mechanic
Jul 4, 2006
MINNEAPOLIS
there really isnt enough room to get the correct air space needed for 2 10s in the spare tire spot i wish that damn thing wasnt there your best bet is to have box built to sit between the hump ant back dash if your looking to keep room in your trunk i personally dont care about room in the trunk for other stuff but my speakers and amps i have 4 12 inch hx2s and 2 old school soundstreams ref 10.0 and a 414s for the tweets 147.3 db

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor