speedo cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

88montels

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2008
I have a 88 monte ls with a 383 and a th-400 transmission.My question is what do i run for a speedo cable for the 400.thanks

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
88montels said:
I have a 88 monte ls with a 383 and a th-400 transmission.My question is what do i run for a speedo cable for the 400.thanks

Do you still have the old one from the car? They should be compatible with each other.

88montels

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2008
no i dont have the original cable,i wasent sure weather to buy one for a 200-r4 or a th-350 are they the same fittings (dash and transmission side)

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
The cable is in two pieces, one that goes to the engine compartment to speedo, then one from trans to engine compartment. If you dont have the one goin from engine compartment to speedo, make sure you get both of them.

They have the same fittings.

88montels

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 9, 2008
ok installed a 100 inch single piece from napa.i hooked it up to the cluster and i can turn it by hand and the speedo will move fine.i hook to transmission nothing happens.i have a big white gear in there and i had a red one.so i changed them out still nothing,my housing said 34-38 i belive.its like the gears not making contact with the tailshaft gear but i dont know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor