Spent some time detailing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Earlier today I detailed the engine bay in my SS.

I pulled the Brake Booster, took apart the Heater Box, then painted the Brake Booster, Heater Box, and the Fire Wall, all with the Engine in the car. The next time I pull the Engine, which hopefully wont be for a while, I'll do the whole Fire Wall, touching up the spots I couldn't reach.

1_zpssdgtkdzk.jpg

2_zpsqbkuussf.jpg

3_zps82giljkl.jpg

The car itself I washed, clay bar'd, waxed, then a little tire shine. It's hard to get a really good pic of it to where you can tell it's cleaned up good.

4_zpsvxslg5h7.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

86sbcmonte

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2016
St. Louis
Envious looks really good. That's a project i will be tackling soon myself in hopes to do so in between swapping engines. Gives me a lot to look forward to.

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
OOOH where can I find that heater box?
That's the heater only box. More likely to be found on northern cars of course. To swap properly I believe you have to get the box, controls, as well as the glove box the A/C unit takes up part of glove box if I remember correctly. I've seen folks sell full assemblies for ~$250-$300.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
That's the heater only box. More likely to be found on northern cars of course. To swap properly I believe you have to get the box, controls, as well as the glove box the A/C unit takes up part of glove box if I remember correctly. I've seen folks sell full assemblies for ~$250-$300.
Really all that work? All I need is a heater. Lol.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Thanks guys. Yes he's right, you have to have a special Glove Box, I clearanced mine to fit. I have the controls with it, when that thing is on it makes you think you are in an oven.

That box is factory from a Malibu.

Here is a pic from the last time I had the Center Console out..

0f55ebca.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor