Spohn Bumpsteer Eliminator kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
in the circle track world the G bodies are called Metric...as for the upper control arms they are usually sold in sets with a shorter right side so you don't have to use tons of shims to get the chamber you need on a circle track car...I had to order mine to have the stock measurement on each side. It didn't raise the cost at all and the wait was 3 days...The ones that G body parts sell for $129 used to be close around $275 but I think they heard that race shops were selling them for about $60 per so maybe that's why they had to cut their price....

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
this is the main reason I asks for the p/n....
some do these same arms but at a cost that is way exagerated (hotchkiss)

found spohn that sells the g body upper arms at 295.00 pair with even the bump stop pad ....

UBmachine has some also,but i wait for 78MC-BBC for the p/n's he used to check the price ....

as of now, i have some moog's K6218 offset upper arm shafts to compensate the positive camber initiated by the longer b body spindles

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
"this is the main reason I asks for the p/n.... "

I have to pick something up from the speed shop later today so I'll check on the part numbers for ya...

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
i dont recall the part number on the UB arms. When i had them i called UB machine and asked what control arms i need for stock spindles, and i ordered what he told me, also order only rights the lefts are for the circle track stuff. Use the Rights for both sides.

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
ok, i looked at the ub catalog and the correct part number needed for stock replacement is 14-0809-5R

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
went on UB machine site .... our "metric" control arms are offset (factory ) for caster purpose .if I use two R arms for left & right side wont it create a negative caster on one side ?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Also, the left and right arms are shaped differently to impart caster to the wheels by pushing the top of the spindle rearwards. You can't use two off the same side for this purpose unless they are VERY adjustable and you can change one leg for the other.

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
you have to use two right side arms because the circle track guys set up the suspension to only turn one way easier, the left arm is alot different then the right for those guys. If you dont believe me give the guys at ub machine a call, the will tell you to buy 2 right side arms and flip one over. if you look at the pics on the wensite for ub, you can see how easy it is to flip the arm over for the other side. alot of turbo buick guys have used the same ub arms on their swaps for a few years no with no problems, and those guys are super picky

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
ok then, the tubes are straight ..... otherwise we coulndt flip the a arm .
(spohn seems to be curved downward)

then this makes sense !
just left a message at UB .... sent them a fax this morning concerning our cars .... ill give you feedback on this
Dan

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
just left the phone with UB ...
they will do some 14-809-5L and 5R for g bodies

and they will send me some with .500 shorter length ( b/joint to shaft) because of my combined drop 2"+ longer spindles to get the camber back to "0" (bceause even with my moog's K6218 offset shafts ,i still have at least 3 deg +camber )

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor