Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I went out in the rain and got it buttoned-up enough to drive it to work tomorrow and of course it stopped raining and the sun came out after I came in. That's ok though I could use a little rest before work Monday

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So now that the sun came out I went back out and got some finished product pictures.
IMG_20190331_174142007.jpg
IMG_20190331_174202618.jpg
IMG_20190331_174210698.jpg

That's it until next weekend during the week I'll just be finishing up some of the little things. I'll get a new battery for the welder next Friday.

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Not much progress I finished getting everything bolted down still want to change some of the nuts to nylock. My 15' battery cable came today that I ordered online but I had to do firewood so that didn't happen. All good though chipping away at it. I'll say this though she's heavy! First couple of jobs I do this things getting repowered.

Reactions: 4 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I finished hooking up the compressor today and tested it. Still seams to be a linkage problem it's not kicking back to an idle when it builds up air. So I moved on to the welder. I pulled off all the tins and blew out all the crud that was in it from sitting outside. (With my new compressor):giggle: then I started on the no fuel issue. I had bought a carb kit for it but come to find out you need to remove the intake manifold to remove the carb:doh:well the kit didn't come with those gaskets so I opted for just changing the old cracked fuel lines and replacing the fuel pump. Gave it power and shore enough it runs perfect! The idle solenoid is a little sticky but I think it just needs to get used. So all the tins are back on and bolth tanks are full I'm going to go to Walmart tonight and get a new battery for the welder witch will also power the compressor. Oh I almost forgot I also put a new starter solenoid on the compressor ran my 15' battery cable and added the rain flap to the exaust that I stole off the old welder. The new welder has different couplers than all my leads so I still haven't tried that end of it. My local welding supply is closed Saturdays but it's open Sunday 10-1 so I'll head over and get the adapters tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it welds

Reactions: 5 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So even with all my progress I'm feeling pretty beat down and defeated today. I did all my running around this morning to get a battery that fit no luck at Walmart or the first parts store ended up with a $100 group 58 that was the cheapest I could find that fit the tray and cleared going in. Hit the welding supply and got my new tweco lugs so all my old leads fit. Then came the moment of Truth geared up with a rod some scrap metal and put my helmet on NOTHING! No power out! Plug in a saw NOTHING! No power out! I'm not giving up on it just yet but dam that was a punch in the gut! I know it's making power because it's under a load but I've definitely got nothing on the outputs I'm suspecting the selector switch on the face because it reminds me of bad Ford ranger trans linkage (can't find a gear) but I'm going to start by pulling the tins again and cleaning all the contacts. I've also contacted an eBay seller in Texas for a manual.

Reactions: 1 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Don't accept defeat! It's a challenge. And now hat it's mounted, you have to haul it around with you until it's fixed, so keep up the fight.

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Don't accept defeat! It's a challenge. And now hat it's mounted, you have to haul it around with you until it's fixed, so keep up the fight.
Oh I'm not for the afternoon I'll be carefully cleaning every connection one at a time and applying dielectric grease on all 4 million connectors did I mention the entire machine is wired with white wire? One at a time.

Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
That's it guys.... For today I've been defeated. No luck but I know a guy he's coming by Tuesday with some testing equipment and a better knowledge than me.
FB_IMG_1554673047203.jpg

Why didn't they color code it?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor