Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Squarebody wins. Not a challenge when the General is offering this crap for $70,000. Scratched by a hay bale.

View attachment 111589

The caption says it all. It'd be a driveline donor except the front drop on the transfer case is on the Ford side.
Ues but Dana I Dana and new process is new process the early Dodge divorced transfer case is a 205 passenger side drop and some Dodge had driver side drop and a Dana from a Dodge bolts in a square body with no modified mounting

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Not much to update. Probably because I've been in a pritty piss poor mood lately. But I digress. I've wanted for sometime now to mention the earlier problem of blowing oil out of the valve cover seems to have gotten progressively better. Now I think it's actually stopped completely. My thought is maybe that motor actually was rebuilt and the rings never seated until now? I really don't know but I'll take it as a win. In other news I took the Welder to Atlas welding supply today for diagnostics and on the way home I stopped at AutoZone and got a real set of wipers. What a huge difference the ones I had on it were a newer style and the center mount and pivot were offset and the spring pressure of the arm was twisting them so the plastic bracket was rubbing the glass instead of the blade. Now it has old school blades with metal frames and I can see clearly now the rain (and pollen) is gone.i for see many obstacles in my way.

Reactions: 3 users

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
...I can see clearly now the rain (and pollen) is gone.i for see many obstacles in my way.
Nice Johhny Nash reference! Always liked that song.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Haven't done anything to it this week but Monday night I hauled a load of bricks with it. It did a fine job but wow the rear brakes are loud with a load on! Squealing and screaming like there old junk but I know everything is new. Can't do anything about it now though it seems like we are having a second winter and I like staying warm. I haven't heard from Atlas welding supply yet either but I'm hoping no news is good news

• Optimistic

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
This I don't understand.
I took the welder in to Atlas monday.i got a call from them yesterday but at work I can't answer my phone. I called them back as soon as I got off at 4:30 and they said it's good to go there's nothing wrong with it. I asked what was the problem? He said nothing it's working fine now. How could that be? It was only making 3 volts AC? I'm wondering if this thing is going to have an intermittent problem or if it's going to be reliable. Whatever the case I pick it up Sunday morning at 10:00 so we shall see.

Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
My question is, the person you talked to, are they the one that worked on it? Might have been something simple and the mechanic swept it under the table. We do do that sometimes. Hope it works for you.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
IT WORKS!!! I'm soaking wet from just having mounted it. Ran a grinder with it and burned a 6011 out in the rain! The story gets a little weirder though. They didn't give me an invoice didn't charge me anything and Dan the mechanic wouldn't talk to me about it? He stood out in the field with an umbrella and waited for me to leave. Test other guys inside wouldn't give me any information and sent me on my way.
I finde this all puzzling but there has been a recent series of events leading up to this that lead me to believe perhaps someone else talk to them and perhaps paid for the repairs?
Am I crazy? Well yeah but that's beside the point. I sometimes do side work for one of my old bosses the only reason I don't still work for him full time is he can't pay me what I make. So Friday night I went and did an engine cradle in a Challenger for him and we did probably more talking then I did working. And he mentioned he talked to Atlas about my welder... I never told him I had bought another one... He also disgust my bisness with me and giving me tips and tricks to success (he's a smart bisness man with 2 body shops and I value his opinion) the conversation was meaningful and informative he also offered his shop to as he put it leave the Sanford and son image behind lol. As I was leaving Friday he mentioned the welder again saying if it doesn't work now buy a new one and laughed about it. Makes me think maybe he paid for it? I may never know but I'm dam happy it works now!

• Winner
  • Happy
Reactions: 10 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor