Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
2016021195210056.jpg
those were the days! Putting a 383 in a 66 Nova with the used car lot wrecker in the street in Neptune

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So hears what I'm wondering if I put a four wheel drive out put shaft in a bop th400 and use trans am 403 mounts will a 455 olds go in it? Or does anyone have the mounts from a 5.7 Diesel truck they want to part with?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I wonder if 403 f-body mounts would work? Btw dose anyone know how to wire it for a single tank? And look in your junk see if you have an A/C wire harness I can plug in it thanks guys
Those mounts in your picture look exactly like the sbc mounts on my 94 4x4. The Trans Am 403 mounts should work, I just needed a 5/8" or 1/2" nut to space them out. I would try the Hedman SBO shorties or W/Z manifolds on a 4x4, A body full length just touched the control arms and was super close on the passenger side on one tube. But that was SBO and 2wd. Go for it, you will love the end torque.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Those mounts in your picture look exactly like the sbc mounts on my 94 4x4. The Trans Am 403 mounts should work, I just needed a 5/8" or 1/2" nut to space them out. I would try the Hedman SBO shorties or W/Z manifolds on a 4x4, A body full length just touched the control arms and was super close on the passenger side on one tube. But that was SBO and 2wd. Go for it, you will love the end torque.
Thanks that's kinda what I thought and I have a 455 that needs a quick go through in the garage and a jm-14 I can throw in it. I think there's a set of t/a 403 mounts hanging on the wall in my uncle's old shop I'll check next time I'm there

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I miss my 94 Z71, stupid block heater shorted out and burnt it to the ground. I wish my Dakota burnt instead.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I miss my 94 Z71, stupid block heater shorted out and burnt it to the ground. I wish my Dakota burnt instead.
That sucks. Now that the wether is getting better I'll be working on the crew again fall was so long ago I was just reading to see were I left off

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Quick update can't work on my 78 Cutlass W-31 project tomorrow Lauren is having a birthday party in the evening so hopefully I can get something done on this just got a 87 Blazer fuel door neck and a pice of the quarter so I can start mocking it up and make the cuts to fill it with fuel I haven't touched it in a while so it will be good to here something I put together run I plan on it being my primary vehicle before winter with my 78 Cutlass as a backup so I can sell my Duramax oh and yes I will drive them in bad wether lol this is the Northeast anyway in the morning I'll go find out my transmission still is not done get my argon filled work on my truck and bbq

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
Here's my 1981 K10, still needs more work but runs and drives! 400 block 406 with dart heads, edelbrock 650 carb, th350 trans, 12 bolt 4.10 with moser axles. Currently sitting on what looks like a ten inch lift with Dick Cepek 37 inch rims and tires. I recently ran through the entire truck and re-wired everything. The former owner had wired in power door locks, power seats, car alarm and a stereo system.... All nice things but he used the same unfused power wire, split it a billion times with snap connectors, which were then connected to everything with crimp connectors and to top it off had other unused hot wires just dangling everywhere! :rant: The battery didn't stand a chance! I tore everything that didn't seem original out of the truck and properly soldered and fused what was left. I even added a trailering harness :D. Now every single light works when it's supposed to. Really is a beautiful truck when its done the right way...

All I need now is an original bench seat, a solution for my exhaust issue (long tube headers made the collector neighbors with the xfer case), door locks, coolant overflow tank, dashboard and a real license plate (.....not admitting to anything there lol).

best of all: zero rust!

-Do it!

Reactions: 1 users

dotheshuffle

Apprentice
Dec 17, 2015
va beach
What are yall k10 guys running for headers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor