Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I drove it to work today. So much better! Still needs tuning but it will get there I just need to spend every night this week with it. I still have a bit of a stumble and the headers leak worse than ever

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
I drove it to work today. So much better! Still needs tuning but it will get there I just need to spend every night this week with it. I still have a bit of a stumble and the headers leak worse than ever

Its so rewarding when you finally start using like you would any other vehicle. When you spend so much time on it in the driveway, sometimes it feels like you are working on a 1:1 scale static model.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Its so rewarding when you finally start using like you would any other vehicle. When you spend so much time on it in the driveway, sometimes it feels like you are working on a 1:1 scale static model.
Yes 100% I'm at that point where I wish I still had all my local (car guy) friends like I did years ago just hanging out wrenching in the driveway unfortunately most are dead or moved away. Back then it was like we all had our own niche that we were good at.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
14° initial. 34° all in would be my guess. The short answer is maximum advance without detonation. There is likely a timing recommendation in the installation instructions that came with your cam.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Personally I would start with 32 deg at 2500 rpm. You spend more time in the power band than at idle so unless its horrible let the base llie where it lies. Then the timing curve, vacuum advance or not and carb start coming in to play. A wide band AF guage ( even to borrow one for a week ) would be the ticket to dial it in.

Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I found 10 base was good with the stock HEI curve for the late 70's-early 80's 305 and 350 sbc's I have played with. I like 16 to 22 base for the Olds V8, it depends on the street or track, 36 total track and 38 to 40 street.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor