Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So wendsday it blew a heater hose I fixed that last night everything was dry tonight there's antifreeze on the intake manifold and I can't really tell where it's coming from. First thing tomorrow I'm painting another door I need another change of looks, then I'm going to get back under the hood and make a few more ajustments. I'm supposed to have help tomorrow so I'm going to pull the driveshaft to do the U-joints and hanger bearing if I have help I'll finally drop that transfer case

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I have never had any luck with chrome aftermarket housings

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I have never had any luck with chrome aftermarket housings
Me eather but I went threw 3 stock ones that all leaked before I bought that one it seals with an o-ring and it's been fine but I guess I'll finde out tomorrow

• Optimistic

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Me eather but I went threw 3 stock ones that all leaked before I bought that one it seals with an o-ring and it's been fine but I guess I'll finde out tomorrow

If it is a gasket, grab a Mr. Gasket 738G formed silicone gasket. I have an O-ringed water neck on my Bonneville, and they will soak through a paper gasket in short order since there is only a small sealing area, instead of a wide flange. The paper one on mine only lasted a day or so before it failed.

• Informative

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
To catch up quickly yesterday quite a bit got done. I started my pulling the rear shafts out and replaced 2 of the U-joints and the hanger bearing. They were in such bad shape I'm surprised it stayed in going down the road. The Hanger bearing had a quarter inch play and was missing most of its bearings in the rear U-joint was rusted seized I had to beat the Caps off with a hammer. I'm amazed it was turning in the truck. I painted two more doors for it the right rear and the all the way right rear toolbox door. This time it being spring there's a lot of Tree Pollen dirt bugs even an inch worm in my paint but that's okay I'm not really painting them edging them for when the truck gets painted. I also found the antifreeze leak it's the upper radiator hose no matter how tight I make the clamp the hose is just so old and shot it squeezes through so I ordered upper and lower hoses ACDelco. And finally I got on to tackling some of the exhaust issues what I thought was a blown collector gasket was I never welded the pipes when I temporarily put the exhaust on in my backyard lol. So I pulled off the right side mid pipe weld it all its connections and put it back on truck is much quieter now I hope to make a new right side tail pipe today and put the Flowmaster 50 Series muffler on that side if I can I'm going to do both sides will see how time goes it supposed to rain today. Last night before I came in I got the tool box door back on the truck but I didn't get the right rear door that I painted for it on so I want to get that done today too. Sorry I didn't get any pictures for you guys I'll try to snap some today I was getting too much done too fast to stop and pick up my cell phone

Reactions: 4 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
cal-shake-and-bake.jpg
SHAKE AND BAKE, BABY!

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Woowoo! The new green right rear door is on I'm putting the guts in now did a little more exaust work just to make it drivable agine I need to get more pices pipe, adapters, hangers,and clamps.stuff like that. Soon as I'm done with the door I'll get back to tuning it's so much nicer now with this few exaust leaks welded up I can hear the engine way better

Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Photo update first the debris from the drive shafts
11241.jpeg
11240.jpeg
that's exploded hanger bearing and rotted U-joints that had absolutely no grease in them.
And here's the progress on the looks
IMG_20180506_135019563_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180506_135023139_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180506_135032787_HDR.jpg

The paint didn't come out as nice this time in the driveway it's summer time so they look like flypaper at a China Buffet on the wrong side of town. But as I've said before I'm just edging Parts it's all going to get repainted later

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor