SS el camino question

Status
Not open for further replies.

85gbody

Greasemonkey
Jun 10, 2010
Long Beach, Cali.
i was wondering, what features did the ss elkys come with. for example do all of the ss elkys have a center console?
and did only ss elkys come with the bed rails? also im still to this day trying to figure out if it came with a 350 or 305? some say 350 others 305 and its really confusing lol :blam:
yeah i know there lame questions but i could never find the propers answers and i rather ask the gbodyforum family if they knew.
Thanks

maddog20_20

Master Mechanic
Nov 20, 2010
St. Louis MO
From the El Camino Wiki

The 1984-87 El Camino SS was offered in Choo-Choo special edition and shared the aerodynamic front end with the concurrent Monte Carlo SS, and received the L69 engine package, which included the 190 hp 305 V8. For 1985, GM shifted El Camino production to Mexico, and the new 4.3 L was standard through 1987. Production ceased after the 1987 model year, as sales of the Chevrolet S-10 conventional pickup truck were outselling its coupe utility counterpart. 425 unsold 1987 El Caminos were sold as 1988 models.

85gbody

Greasemonkey
Jun 10, 2010
Long Beach, Cali.
thanks bro, thats basically the only info i could find on the internet as well.
i appreciate your response but im wondering if you would know anything else and have any knowledge about the questions i asked.

mikeselky85

Apprentice
Jul 29, 2009
The el camino ss has a two tone paint job consisting of the lower body line another color. Also they came with the front spoiler below the bumper and also the quarter and rear window trim is painted black. Also they will usually have badges and vinyls on the car but sometes they may not have the vinyls. Anything else on an el camino is an option, and a dealership brochure has all of this information you are looking for. The options you hadentioned are just add one that you can get. Let me know if your looking for more info

Mike

lilbaggie

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 11, 2009
I don't think that Wiki entry is correct as I don't believe any G-body/5th Gen El Caminos ever had a L69 5.0 305 from the factory.

The 350 was only available from the factory in 78 and 79 and was separate from the SS/Z15 package which as others have mentioned was just a front spoiler, paint scheme and decal package.

Someone posted this over on Elcaminocentral:
http://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heri ... -kits.html
It's a great source for some more definitive answers to a lot of questions. Some years have a little more info than others.

85gbody

Greasemonkey
Jun 10, 2010
Long Beach, Cali.
wow, this is a lot of good information. very hard to figure out tho for my car. i highly doubt theres a chance its can be a ss but theres always people bring it upon me. thank you all for the info, hopefully i can gather all this info and come to a final conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor