ss el camino?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanelco

Apprentice
May 9, 2007
was it possible to get a super sport el camino without the choo choo customs conversion? i found one in my neighborhood for 500 dollars. i was going to part it out but if it is in fact a legit ss, i may sell it whole. thanks.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
depends on the year -- the early years '78 - '79(?) there was an SS option, mostly appearance pkg. Chin spoiler and big decals on the rocker panels. not sure of the exact years you could get it though.

UnclesCamino

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2007
Northern Cambria, PA
ryanelco said:
was it possible to get a super sport el camino without the choo choo customs conversion? i found one in my neighborhood for 500 dollars. i was going to part it out but if it is in fact a legit ss, i may sell it whole. thanks.

None of the Choo Choo's were actually SS's. They didnt' have the Z15 rpo code. To see if it was a real SS you need to check the RPO tag on the Cowl. It should be under the windshield trim right above the wiper motor. It will have the code Z15 for ss. I personally don't think that the SS code really effects teh value of a 5th gen El Camino. they were only appearance packages. Emblems and decals.

Rob

ryanelco

Apprentice
May 9, 2007
thank you guys. it does not seem that these are highly sought after, so i guess i wont feel so bad about tearing it apart.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
its a production car cuting one up and doing it your way aint gonna hurt anything.its not like its the last one ever made out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor