SS nose sticker removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

LS2SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2009
Phoenix AZ
Does anyone know what i can use to take off the sticker from an ss nose, the one that wraps all the way around plus the one that circles the grill. I tried using goo gone and a razorblade but did not work.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
can you post pics to help visualize here?

Can you not take any of the sticker off or you can take the sticker off but theres junk underneath?

for the adhesive junk underneath, use WD-40 and a cloth and some elbow grease

LS2SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2009
Phoenix AZ
Cant get any pictures anytime soon but I cant get any of the sticker off, I will try some wd 40 tho

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
LS2SS said:
Cant get any pictures anytime soon but I cant get any of the sticker off, I will try some wd 40 tho

wd40 will only help with the adhesive underneath but you could try it. Is the sticker over the clearcoat?

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Razors will damage the paint, so don't use them.

You need a heat gun to soften them up, and then start picking away...

Once you get it started a bit, some 3M adhesive remover will help loosen them up even more and clean off the residue left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor