Stainless fuel line?

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Just sayin...factory steel lines are holding up well in most G-bodies 40+ years later. Not always, as I've seen some northern cars that have lived a tough life, but how often have you had to replace them?

You can do stainless if you like, if you feel like working with it (i.e., potentially chasing leaks and loosening, retorquinging any fittings if you're putting in a different fuel setup, etc., etc.). Will it last and look good doing it? Sure. I'm NOT a fan of it for brake lines. No need for it, IMO. Regular Joe steel lines are WAY easier to deal with. Again, JMO.

But- the general frame rail vent and fuel supply lines shouldn't be a problem if you go with stainless. Since you're basically going from back to front with just dog nut flares for hoses, no fittings to deal with.

Regardless, I'd go with regular ni-cu fuel line from pump to carb if staying stock, because that brass filter nut won't take much beating with stainless.

Obvioiusly, it's your wallet, your time, your car. Spend to your own happiness.
I agree on the stainless line being nothing but a pain to stop leaking at the fittings. I gave up on themm and went the regular metal lines. I painted them and after over 16yrs of having been installed still look new. I don't drive in the wet!

Attachments

• Fuel Lines (Bracket).jpg
    Fuel Lines (Bracket).jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
My wagon has all stainless hardlines, except where braided was needed. I mean all, fuel, brakes, hydroboost, power steering, transmission, vacuum, nitrous, everything. It is a ROYAL PITA to flare, especially double flare, and bending 1/2" line is a chore. For the most part I have single flares using a tube nut and sleeve on an AN fitting where needed, and double flare where needed. I have imperial-eastman benders, eastwood flaring tool, mastercraft hydro flaring tool, and the rigid flaring tool. None of them are cheap but I had to use each one.

If you are using it as a daily the Ni-Cop (Cunifer) is great.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I know the OP has picked ni-cop lines which I don't blame him but I didn't have any issues with the brake lines I used. They were pre made ones I got from NPD for the front lines. Never leaked on me at all. Now my front to rear & rear axle sets are from OPGI & was bought almost ten years latter & yet to be used so I might have some leaks. I also got the fuel lines from OPGI too & those all get hoses & clamps. Pump to carb is AN hose. If I was to buy again, ni-cop all the way for flair lines.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor