Stainless steel in place of woodgrain

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
My eventual goal with my cutlass is to take off all the cheezy badges and stuff. The woodgrain doesnt help it any at all, so Im wondering if anyone has done anything to replace the woodgrain with anything else? I was thinking either get some stainless pieces to either cover the wood or remove it completely and put something in its place. I need new door panels anyways (a previous owner must have had 6 inch long nails or something because they are all scratched up.) Getting rid of the the carpet at the bottom, getting rid of the handle on the top and tearing off all cursive lettering is also on the list. As you can see, they are about 6 different colors.

EDIT: heres a picture too
picture123.jpg

pokertramp

G-Body Guru
Aug 10, 2008
I was thinking of stainless myself on top of 1/4 plexiglass lighted from the back with neon. I am going to do where the carpet was on the bottom of the doors, the dash and not sure where else yet. I can get scrap pieces for free from my friend so that helps. I might not even use the plexiglass and just bump out the stainless and light it that way. Saves me some money.

Another thing you can do is have the stainless turned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor