Status
Not open for further replies.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
The front bracket that supports the starter my be gone

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 6, 2018
I have plenty to work on, i will get the arp bolts front bracket, double back and check the proper mesh of the starter and the flywheel. I really appreciate you guys in advance. Mini hi torque starter or keep my stock starter. Ive already begun working on a plan for this weekend and a list of things to check off. Of course this isn't the first time you guys have helped me out of a bind, greatly appreciate the wisdom.
Sorry for the delayed response, i currently work two jobs and only have the weekends to play. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 20180412_191316.jpg
    20180412_191316.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 138
  • 20170824_135935.jpg
    20170824_135935.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 152
  • 20180913_222513.jpg
    20180913_222513.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 135
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 6, 2018
I began checking if my flywheel and starter meshed and was a perfect match, both were for a 350. After warranting out the stock starter and changing the stock bolts for arp starter bolts and unbolting a starter brace from a gbody malibu at the local salvage yard. I think i have it fellas, it starts up like a dream. Oh, i also bought a new optima battery. Since my battery is located in the trunk. 👍👍👍👍👍
You guys are the real "MVP'S"

Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I began checking if my flywheel and starter meshed and was a perfect match, both were for a 350. After warranting out the stock starter and changing the stock bolts for arp starter bolts and unbolting a starter brace from a gbody malibu at the local salvage yard. I think i have it fellas, it starts up like a dream. Oh, i also bought a new optima battery. Since my battery is located in the trunk. 👍👍👍👍👍
You guys are the real "MVP'S"

you are not the first to have issues not using proper starter bolts. It doesn't take much movement to interfere with the gears meshing. When you mentioned it was your second time for the problem and the problem took some time to show up after the initial start up that point to a problem with the bolts if they are not starter bolts. As for the brace it is not idea but I think many of us don't use it, it's easier to change the starter without it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor