Starter not turning over

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
what would happen if I ran a jumper from the purple wire on the solenoid and then momentarily connected that wire to the positive post on the battery? Basically connecting the solenoid briefly to the battery. Should I at least get a clicking sound from the starter?

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
would it help to jump the purple to red wires on the ignition switch or purple to brown?

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Something in the work performed is causing the issue. Just retrace your steps and in there you should find the cause.

Reactions: 1 user

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Something in the work performed is causing the issue. Just retrace your steps and in there you should find the cause.
I think I should declare myself declared non-compus mentis....I didn't have the switch in the located correctly on the shaft.....

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor