starting my 1st 455 OLDS build thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
It alive again! I hope make the Olds show on Sunday. Just posting a quick video to share my progress

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
now that I have the engine up and running ( I couldn't be happier with the results) .I have turned my attention to other parts of the car. In keeping with the whole Oldsmobile theme I just picked up a nice lightning rod shifter from 88hurstolds. As I get the brackets, cable and console parts I will post more pictures

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
Intragration said:
Hey, good to see your progress, and that everything worked out with the pushrod problem. That is one clean install, very impressive. The whole car looks great. Have you had a chance to drive it with the new motor yet?

Thanks! The 455 is running well my pushrod trouble was caused by a part miss match. Mondello sold me 3/8 pushrods and 5/16 rocker arms. I replaced the rocker arms with comp cams rocker arms for 3/8 pushrods and my broken part problem has gone away. I have been driving the car :D . It feels very comparable to the BBC that I had before. I am happy that I went back to Olds power

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
A couple of weeks ago I posted up I needed Lightning rod brackets to mount a really nice shifter picked up. Toby and Brain from Gbodyparts came to the rescue. I was offered an oppertunity to test fit there new line of brackets. I received the bracket Saturday morning. I mounted the shifter to the bottom bracket and everything fit pefect. All the holes were lined up with no trouble. I then mounted the shifter to the floor of my 78 Oldsmobile with no troubles. There was no modification at all. The bracket fit like it was from the factory. The quality is top notch. The pictures don't lie. The good news is that if anybody else want these brackets they will be available in a couple of weeks.

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

finman04

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2011
Roseville Mi.
Glad the pushrod problem is solved. You did a great job on your 455 motor build, glad its running great. Love the lighting rods they look great, something that i might do for my build. Was thinking of the dual gate shifter but really like how the lighting rods look in yours.

Bowiemontecarlo86

G-Body Guru
Dec 17, 2011
Tampa fl.
Wow that engine is sick bro nice job indeed . i like ur putting a olds engine back in the olds . liking ur keeping it old school in the interior too with those lightning rods . keep up the good work and cant wait to see more pics as u post them .

littlerascle59

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2009
Mississippi
Wish I had got that hook up on that mounting plate. I gotta '76 Olds 455 FaA Block that I gotta build. I got a TH-400 goin behind it..., also got the 3 speed lightning rods for mine. Can't wait to get mine done so I can play. Threads like this is pure motivation. 8)

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
I haven't wrenched on the cutlass in a while.This project is something I have wanted to do since I put the 455 in and return the cutlass to it's Oldsmobile heritage. I have been playing with the exhaust and changed the mufflers and tailpipes to the 442 style and get rid of the monte carlo style. You can see the old pipes on the floor. I ran out of Argon for the Mig welder when I get more I will post more pics.

20130211_130606_zps6bf0d909.jpg

20130211_130637_zps7af36553.jpg

20130211_130648_zps1653cfe5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor