Steel Hoods & Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmorman

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2008
Perry, IA
Howdy,
I have a 1979 Monte. I am looking at adding some aftermarket body parts. I am thinking about an aftermarket hood ( I saw a steel hood from Original Parts Wharehouse that was a 2in cowl). Anybody got pics of their 78-80 Monte's with an aftermarket hood? I have also always thought the 79 lacked something in the rear. I had contimplated a short spoiler sililar to that of the later SSs. Anybody tried that or have any pictures on their 78-80 Monte with a rear spoiler? I am on a 4 year plan of saving some green to repaint mine as well :) . At that point, I am thinking of deleting some trim (along the fender wells) & blacking some other chrome out (around the windows). Anybody got any good pics of that on their ride? Finally, has anybody done business with http://www.dixiemontecarlodepot.com? They seem to have a TON of stuff. Just womdering if they are a good company to deal with.

Thanks!!
Russ
If you want to e-mail me pics direct, you can do it at [email protected]

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Hey Russ... I'm working on a spoiler for the trunk as well. An SS one will fit, but isnt quite wide enough... looks a little small compared to the scale of the rest of the body as well.

As for a steel 2" cowl, I have never found one... I would go that route if I could! I will check with OPW to see what they have. I think a 4" would be too much of a camel hump. :lol:

Dixie has done me right the one time I ordered from them... Mikes Montes is great too.

1FastBoy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2008
Bay Area
rmorman said:
Howdy,
I have a 1979 Monte. I am looking at adding some aftermarket body parts. I am thinking about an aftermarket hood ( I saw a steel hood from Original Parts Wharehouse that was a 2in cowl). Anybody got pics of their 78-80 Monte's with an aftermarket hood? I have also always thought the 79 lacked something in the rear. I had contimplated a short spoiler sililar to that of the later SSs. Anybody tried that or have any pictures on their 78-80 Monte with a rear spoiler? I am on a 4 year plan of saving some green to repaint mine as well :) . At that point, I am thinking of deleting some trim (along the fender wells) & blacking some other chrome out (around the windows). Anybody got any good pics of that on their ride? Finally, has anybody done business with http://www.dixiemontecarlodepot.com? They seem to have a TON of stuff. Just womdering if they are a good company to deal with.

Thanks!!
Russ
If you want to e-mail me pics direct, you can do it at [email protected]

Not sure what its off of, I'll try and find out.... As for the hood look in page 5 of Monte pictures a nice hood on a black monte there
Spoiler2-1.jpg

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
that is definately a 4th gen monte ss spoiler, looks like the ends were shaved to curve inwards. the other pic you have of the spoiler you can see how the 3rd gen monte trunk lid tapers differently then the 4th gen monte one does

Tony_SS

Royal Smart Person
Oct 14, 2006
Missouri
Here is what I think is a 4th gen SS spoiler on a 3rd gen. You can see it doesnt fit very well.

6a0.jpg

1FastBoy - That looks like its a 4th gen spoiler with custom work done - do you have anymore pics of it? Is that on your car??? Want to sell it by chance? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor