Stock 4 bolt exhaust flange

Status
Not open for further replies.

chriscris

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2020
Campbellville, Ontario
Before I hit a machine shop, is there a source for a 4 bolt y pipe or converter flange for stock exhaust for an 87 MCSS ?
My Y pipe is still ok, just needs a new flange.
Thanks for any help

Chris

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Before I hit a machine shop, is there a source for a 4 bolt y pipe or converter flange for stock exhaust for an 87 MCSS ?
My Y pipe is still ok, just needs a new flange.
Thanks for any help

Perhaps something listed on the link I provided will be useful to your repair issue

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I got mine off E-bay 15 years ago.

Reactions: 1 user

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
IMG_0321 (2).PNG

This was my old exhaust setup, Pypes 2-1/2" MCSS style cat back, 2-1/2" "test pipe" that I used to fill the gap between my original Y-pipe, 2-1/2" slip on cat, and cat back. I still have the bolt together part, the one below and the test pipe side. What is o.d. of your Y-pipe? And where are you located? Checking Pypes website I can't find "test pipe", I think they maybe had some legal action and now have to sell cat back or cat included kits.
IMG_0325.jpg

chriscris

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 9, 2020
Campbellville, Ontario
Thanks for the response.
I am in Campbellville Ontario Canada.
The exhaust i am using is stock 2" ?
I would be cutting off and welding the flange to my original front Y pipe.

Mr.comfy

n00b
Feb 18, 2021
View attachment 167457
This was my old exhaust setup, Pypes 2-1/2" MCSS style cat back, 2-1/2" "test pipe" that I used to fill the gap between my original Y-pipe, 2-1/2" slip on cat, and cat back. I still have the bolt together part, the one below and the test pipe side. What is o.d. of your Y-pipe? And where are you located? Checking Pypes website I can't find "test pipe", I think they maybe had some legal action and now have to sell cat back or cat included kits. View attachment 167459
Oh man, I'm rebuilding my grandfather's grand prix from 79' and I'm missing just this piece to get her running. Pypes doesn't make them anymore? I'm going crazy trying to find JUST THAT PIECE! Found one site that had it and immediately canceled my order. Any information on that or if you're willing to sell it, send me a message.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
There's this piece= out of 4-bolt cat
1613700502085.png

And this piece= Y-pipe to 4-bolt cat
1613700620605.png

Yeah it has some superficial dings. Had to separate from this
1613701250239.png

Which one do you need? And where are you located?

Reactions: 1 user

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Sent you a private message- little envelope in upper right side of screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor