Stock Rim size on 87 Elco Rally rim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2008
Hey everyone,
I want to run an 8" drag slick on the stock 14" Rally rims. Why? Because I like the stock rim, I appreciate real beauty :wink:
Well I dont think I can unless they are a 7" Rim, I believe they are 6" wide. Can anybody confirm this?
Thanks in advance

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
im interested in the answer as well. I believe they are 14x6 at most though...they are some skinnny tires. If you dont mind getting a larger wheel s10's came with the same style rally wheels but they are 15x7. they look the same though. I am hopefully picking some up this weekend.

the stock tire size is 195/75/14.

ETexas86Elky

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 3, 2007
East Texas
Wheels

I'm no expert so I double checked the information packet I got from General Motors (dated September 1985) and it says that the stock rally wheels on an 86 El Camino are 14x6.

pose_442

Greasemonkey
Feb 12, 2007
It would be really cool to paint ht s10/Monte SS wheels like the Elky wheels for a factory look. The centers will probably transfer for street use as well.

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
i am having the hardest time finding a good set of OEM chevy wheels, that are at least 15x7s. Those things are in crazyyyy demand and everyone acts like they are made of gold.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
how much are you willing to pay for a set of monte ss 15x7's? i will be getting rid of mine when i get my 'vette rims. of course it may not be worth it with shipping from NY to Texas.

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
I think it would cost you too much to ship them. I love monte ss wheels but I'm really looking for just dirt cheap wheels. I figured on cars of our generation people would be practically throwing stuff away. All the rally wheels are realll popular though. I guess nobody buys aftermarket.
thanks though.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i've looked all over the internet for rims and i find 3 billion torque thrust's, god only knows how many ugly tuner rims, and 3 billion more 70's look alikes. don't like a single damn one (actually i found one set--$4k!!!). that's why i'm buying GM rims.

Chillin014

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2007
houston/richmond tx
megaladon6 said:
i've looked all over the internet for rims and i find 3 billion torque thrust's, god only knows how many ugly tuner rims, and 3 billion more 70's look alikes. don't like a single damn one (actually i found one set--$4k!!!). that's why i'm buying GM rims.
i'm actually very impressed with GM wheel design, I mean they look really well rounded and good. I would be fine with a set of simple centerlines really but they are just more than I'm willing to spend. Alloys would be really nice to have because of the weight, but steel wheels are so cheap, and summit has some for like 40 bucks a piece with a good design.
If i can choose, im going to get at least 8 inches wide...this 6 inches wide is like a bicycle tire for traction behind mah beastly torque monster. :lol:

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i was just refering to not being able to find nice aftermarket rims.

8" is a 200+section width. that should be more than doable on a 6"wide rim. as a matter of fact i have 195's on my VW winter wheels--14x6 (or 5.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor