Stolen on the Power Tour UPDATED AGAIN !! 8/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
There are many expensive easy to remove pieces still left....

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Insurance job? The kind where you went way over your head on a build trying to impress the internetz, carrying waaay too much debt on credit, and desperately needing a way out? Hmmm...
WILL YOU GUYS PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT ME?!?! :wtf:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Happy
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
There are many expensive easy to remove pieces still left....

The problem is that it is tainted now and has depreciated and who knows what internal damage is done to that engine.

It is like being kidnapped and having a finger stuck up your butt - no lasting damage was done, but you'll never feel the same way again. It is a violation.

Sorry - I have had one too many conduct-after-capture briefs.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Of all the things, they pulled the carpet, part of the dash trim, the radio and center console? They stole a $25K+ build and stole $500 worth of parts? I don't get it?

Why do people still steal radios anyways?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It is like being kidnapped and having a finger stuck up your butt - no lasting damage was done, but you'll never feel the same way again. It is a violation.

• Haha

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
All the reasons (parts) to steal that car are still there : engine, blower, trans, wheels, SS bumpers, spoiler, seats. Thieves are either the Smartest, or the Dumbest of people. This person falls into the Dumbest catagory... (1) for the theft, and (2) for lacking the work ethic to take advantage of the theft. Hopefully the owner is not involved.

• Agree

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Pretty crazy to recover it like that. Maybe word spreading on social media was too much and they felt they needed to dump it. Also wonder how long the thieves had it, could of been recently put in the field. Might be a total loss due to being gone long enough that they totaled it out, not due to the actual damages, especially since it was just recovered, that assessment might not of been made yet or since it was paid out/insurance already owns it, irrelevant to them.

Any word if the others were recovered? I thought some were stolen in the same area/time so I was assuming same group of thieves did it.

Was the interior that rough before or did they really steal the carpet? The dash looks cracked bad from age, not from anything thieves did. Maybe he focused all the time/money to that drive train and nothing was left for the interior :).

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
The problem is that it is tainted now and has depreciated and who knows what internal damage is done to that engine.

Sorry - I have had one too many conduct-after-capture briefs.

Oh I totally agree that it would scare a lot of people off, I personally would be fine buying a totaled car like that and making it right again. You would never be able to sell it for what you should due to the R title, but I tend to hold onto my vehicles so doesn't matter to me. And also totally agree about the violation, just was saying that if someone had stole it to chop it would have been done almost same day. To me there is something more at play, anyone would have know to take the big money items which weren't taken.

• Agree

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Few Insurance companies bother with branding titles on vehicles over 10 years old anymore

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor