Status
Not open for further replies.

cherokeechief79

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2008
nj
ok thanks.
what does it plug into?
I already have a plug on that round can looking ac part just before it goes into the heater core box.
also any idea what the white plug right next to it is in the first pic?

cherokeechief79

Greasemonkey
Jul 21, 2008
nj
ive searched ac pressure switch and didn't see anything with a plug like this.also its greasy which leads me to believe its from the lower part of the engine.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
may i suggest getting a wiring diagram for the car and looking for it that way.
joe

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
That would be the pressure switch mounted at the accumulator, safe to say that your car does not have one right now.
I already have a plug on that round can looking ac part just before it goes into the heater core box.
I've never seen a cycling switch, on that era of gm car, that had the terminals perpendicular to each other. they were usually parallel in a somewhat flexible plastic shell.
i still think it has something to do with the engine, possibly oil press sw, or eng temp.

also any idea what the white plug right next to it is in the first pic?

this looks like the wire for the electric choke heater.

joe

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i agree, and the a/c cycling sw terminals are like this "I I" also.
otherwise I'm at a loss. i don't know 3.8l buick engines well enough to say anything more.
joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor